In the times when the Villa was built, it was made by two side fore-parts and a central portico on which the central body of the Villa stood.
The architecture was inspired by Villa Farnesina in Rome by Baldassare Peruzzi.
It is with Baldassarre Erba that the main architectural works were realized, presumably between 1723 and 1743: he transformed the portico into a gallery and created a new building, which were subsequently decorated by Pannini between 1730 and 1740.
The recovery and restoration work, as can be seen nowadays, was carried out by the Company Villa Grazioli, which bought the Villa in 1987. The restoration work took about 10 years.